Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Post

I hope everyone had a good Christmas, and will have a good New Year as well. There were lots of phone calls at my parents place from relatives, some international calls, some from the other side of the country, some.. well you get the idea.

I have mixed feelings about Christmas. My family concentrates on being together first, and everything else later. Many years we have not bought presents for each other (finances better utilized elsewhere) and not body cares if that's the case. Just dinner and hanging out is what we are interested in.

I do find that I get annoyed with the "Tis the Season" that people go on about. As if it's okay to be a jerk 11 months a year, but come December, we're just nice as pie. It's fake and insulting. I have no problems with not being everyone's friend. Really don't care actually. I'm as much of a jerk at Christmas as I am any other time of year, but at least I'm honest about it.

I guess accountability and awareness come into play yet again.

No comments: