Monday, December 31, 2018

Week 43

My Uncle Ray died on the 23.  The cancer spread into his bones and he knew it was a matter of time until he joined his wife Vicky who passed this fall.  His funeral is this weekend, which I'm not going to be able to attend.  Much as that upsets me, sometimes the reality of the situation is what it is.  Besides relationships are what are important, and I had a good one with Ray.  I'll miss him.  Funerals are for the living.  I have no doubts that despite my inability to attend, he knows its not from lack of respect or affection.  I saw him at Vicky's funeral, so at least I had the chance to say good bye.

So New Years Eve.  My plans begin and end with hot tea, movies and dog snuggles on the couch.  Might  not be exciting, but I happen to like hot tea, movies and snuggling with my dog on the couch.  Besides, between overhauling the house for the endless flow of people over Christmas and trying to practice for the demo and so forth, I think I've earned a little time being a lazy lump.  Might not get me to Mastery, but it will keep me sane.

In other news, my epic cough is back.  so not happy about that, but not back to work until the 7th, so I'm hoping to get over the lions share of the lung infection.

Anyway that's it.  Be safe if you are going out.

No comments: