Thursday, November 27, 2008

Playing "Catch Up"... UGH!

I decided to review my numbers the other day just to see where I am at with my goals. I added everything up from Oct 3 to Nov 17. 46 days worth of push ups and sit ups. This is what I found.....

Pushups = 2520, Sit ups = 2480. So I'm thinking... not so bad. I had a badly pulled Abs muscle and couldn't do either for 2 weeks and thought in spite of that, the numbers were looking pretty good.

Then reality set in...

I did the average and found I'm only getting 54.78 push ups/day and 53.91 sit ups/day. Drastically less than half of what I need to be doing. Bottom line, to make up 14 days of injury recovery time, I have to do 28 days at 200/each/day (200 - 125 = 75 extra. 75 X 2 =150... roughly 2 days to make up one). The entire month of February gone just to get back what was lost and not lose any more ground. Harsh but true.

Here's the thing... the idea is to average 125 push ups and sit ups each per day for 13 months. Being very sneaky and devious... I figured I would try to average 150 of each per day and get back into a shape besides round. This way I would be able to complete the required strength outline with out having to kill myself to do it. But slack just one day, and BAM, you're hooped for 2 more.

In spite of this I slacked on my sit ups for 2 days and my push ups for one. Then had the brilliant idea of making them all back up again last night. Translation 600 sit ups and 400 pushups in 4 hours..... but the stupidity continues. I then decide to do 8 rounds of sparring.... which gave me an up set tummy. (what was my first clue?) Only to top it all off with running this morning at the TLC. (I managed to complete running 2k, but had to walk a bit between laps). I hurt sooooooo bad! The best part is I still have my 200 push ups and sit ups to do today. Oh good (not).

memo to me..... the whole slacking thing.... yah, don't do that again!

1 comment:

Khona said...

Yeah, I did the same thing. Did about 500 of each a couple nights in a row. I couldn't stand up straight for a while.