Saturday, February 13, 2010

all righty then


Since I began skydiving my Dad has been trying to get me to do 1 of 2 things.

1, quit skydiving (like that's gonna happen)
2, write out a Will

Today I did option 2. I wrote out a "Do it yourself Will". This caused me to experience (and continue to experience) 3 major things...

1, I'm too young to have a Will, and denial is a happy place
2, Writing out a Will is both materialistic and creepy
3, I have a lot of crap I don't need.

But it's all done except the signing so I guess that's a positive.

I was talking to my brothers about it when they walked in on my pensive writings. I told them what I had planned to leave them, and asked if they wanted anything in particular. Jake gets the Wii, Gord gets the horses, Dad gets the dog, Erna gets the skydiving equipment, Jo gets the books, Mom gets the truck, ect.

Awkward conversation or what, but better than the legal system getting their fingers into everything and running a muck. I'm not planning on checking out just yet, but one never knows what the future holds. Not to mention doing stupid dangerous things is my idea of fun. Meh, whatever.

No comments: