Saturday, May 19, 2018

Week 13

Lucky 13. This week we are officially 1/4 of the way through our Dog Team Year. Went fast didn't it? So why is this a thing. Well I don't know about you guys but I find my list isn't getting smaller fast enough. All the big plans, and strategies gone to pot. For example, My blogs were to be split into quarterly updates. Fitness, Personal Requirements, Kwoon Requirements, and of course the Journey. In case you haven't noticed, THAT didn't happen. So for the sake of pretending I have my poop in a group, here is the sitrep: Physical requirements, plodding along but not breaking any records for being done early Personal Requirements, Guitar is coming along. I am working on 4 songs, 3 different scales, and have started finger picking. The dog training is probably the most far ahead. Mira is a very intelligent pup which makes it very easy to teach her. The problem is she is so smart sometimes she doesn't feel the need to follow direction. She looks at you as if to say "I know what you want, but I fail to see why it's important that I do it when I could be chasing that cat over there. You do realize the cat can't be trusted?" The scuba diving is coming up. I have fallen behind on my trips to the pool, but I am still swimming the 250m required with no issues. My medical is all clear - though my Dr felt the need to remind me 8 times that I'm over 40 now... apparently my warranty is expired or something - and my 3 day intensive course is in a couple weeks. After that I have my open water exam and that should be finished. The 1000 acts of kindness assignment will be completed by Pandamonium. Though I wanted to have it completed in 10 weeks, I guess I'll have to settle for 14. The sad part is I could have been done had I kept on top of recording them, and so on. I find myself informally reviewing the importance of the school requirements. It's always easier to keep up with the personal ones because they are goals for yourself that you created. I do find some of the school requirements far harder to keep up to. Specifically blogging. Don't panic! I'm not advocating against blogging! I just find it by far the most challenging. Open communication and offering a view into my world are not with in my sphere of comfort. I'm quite happily tucked into my own little world of antisocial behaviour and avoidance of interaction. I learned some very ugly lessons a long time ago, and though I choose not to allow those experiences rule my life, I do have to keep them in check in order to maintain some semblance of social skills (and yes they are all artificial - I'm as socially awkward as it gets). By allowing them to affect me, I give power to those who cruel and invasive. That is not power they deserve. So I blog, I put forward (limited) personal information and thoughts, and I move on. The blogging is the vessel for these windows into the darkness. Without the blog, the opening to my world would be much harder for others to find. So for this part of the journey, the accountability, the bonding, the team spirit... this is how I reach back.

No comments: