Monday, June 18, 2018

Week 17

So this post is late, I've been having a hard time getting my head around it. Family. Everybody has one in some form or other. I've been having a family situation where my parents have been letting themselves be taken advantage of by some not nice people. They know how to manipulate my dad and that keeps them around. I've been trying for years to cut the ties and every time I think I'm making progress, I slide back to the beginning. But I keep at it, much as I would like to smash my face in the keyboard until my ears bleed, because they are my family. As much stress and strife that causes, I am thankful that my family isn't as hard off as others. For those of you at the IHC class on Thursday you heard the story of my co worker and her situation. A story that doesn't need to be repeated. That type of reckless violence for the sake of violence and intimidation doesn't need to be rehashed, but it does need to be recognized and a stand taken against it. That being said, it also gives me cause to stop and be thankful that as much as the situation I am dealing with is unhealthy and in need of being stopped, it at least is non violent. My parents are not in danger of being put in the hospital from the actions of others. So I stand with my co worker in her struggle to end the violence, I stand with my parents to end the manipulation, and I stand with people who are wanting to make the change to a better world. But I won't glorify the sins of those who are perpetuating these unnecessary acts. I stand against them.

No comments: