Saturday, October 6, 2018

Week 32

Here I sit, trying to think of something to write.  Blogging every week is important, but it does deplete the creativity.  Talk about the journey, be meaningful, and so on.  The journey for self awareness is a tricky one. 

It's interesting the things you remember when you sit in deep reflection.  Things from years past that have been long forgotten.  Some relevant, some not.  It takes time to sort them out, find context either original or current. 

I had a discussion with Sifu Hayes some time back about the evolution of the mind and brain.  How as a person ages there are physical changes to the brain and how that can potentially affect perspective. 

This is something I had noticed in practicum over Christmas one year when my nephews were talking about how the world works, and how they have it all figured out.  Listening to a 17 and two 20 somethings, my sister and I just looked at each other and giggled.  Were we ever so young?

Again, reflection proves that once I was so young and foolish.  Hopefully now I am not simply older and foolish.  Changes in the brain and perspective doesn't always equate to increased maturity or wisdom.


No comments: