Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Week 34

So a quick apology for the late blog.  I've been battling a lung infection (yes I went to the Dr) and I'm hoping this will be my first full day back at work.  We'll see.  The last time I had this much sick time was when I had H1N1 and I was really hoping it would just kill me and get it over with.  But I have to get back to work, the bills won't pay themselves (more is the pity).

But is hasn't all been lounging on the couch coughing my brains out, other things have been happening with or without me.  Such is the nature of life.

Remember if you will the opening to 60 minutes, with the image of the stop watch ticking away.  I've always found that ominous.  Yet that is the image that keeps playing over and over in my head.  This weekend I found out that my Aunt Audrey died on Saturday, and my Uncle George is suffering from kidney failure and has been shuttled off to the hospital 3 times a week for dialysis. 

Makes you realize that the people who you grew up with are becoming so fragile.  Somehow when you think of them, you see them as frozen in time as they were when you were little.  That you get older but nothing else changes outside your immediate sphere of influence.  My Grandfather used to say, the older you get, the faster time goes.  He wasn't just whistling Dixy.

Anyway, my lounges are killing me and I have to get my head in the game.

No comments: