Saturday, March 14, 2009

Holy Confusion Batman

Lets face it, I'm not the most organized duck on the pond. Actually there are times when I'm down right squirrelly, but hey, nobody's perfect.

This is why my life is usually planned like a military strike. If it isn't written down, it doesn't happen. Well thanks to the UBBT, I have gotten worse. Oh joy....

Though I must confess, I'm still doing better than I was when trying to help plan my sisters weddings. The hamster was running full gallop and bolts were flying off the wheel. Chaos unlimited.... great.

So the latest "drop the ball convention" started a few months back when I put myself on the list as a volunteer for one of our students projects. A project taking place, conveniently, the exact same weekend as a seminar I am registered for. There I was happily oblivious to the fact that I had double booked myself yet again. Reality set in last night, thankfully, or I would have really made a mess of things.

Ya, really great roll model. Say you'll do something, promptly forget about it, and go happily off in another direction, leaving those you committed to hanging. Smart, very smart.

Again, thankfully, someone mentioned that particular event again last night. Can you say deer in the headlights boys and girls? I was a deer in the headlights. Some how "Oh Darn!" doesn't seem to cover it. Needless to say, I had to back out of the project, while feeling like an irresponsible twit in the process.

But all is settled and hopefully I will not make this type of error too many more times. Saying it won't happen again from me is just crazy talk, so I'll try to keep it to a minimum. As always, something to work on.

No comments: