Wednesday, April 1, 2009

SSI

So I finally got the confirmed date for my SSI (skydive school instructor) course. Unfortunately it is April 17 through 20 in Calgary Alberta (@ 3 hours from here). Being a 3 hour drive is no big deal. I have a sister living in that city, and can stay at her place, get in a visit, and take the certification course.

The problem is that the following weekend I am booked to take the JM (jump master). So this will mean I need to take off 2 Friday to Mondays in a row. Not really impressive for the boss.

It's not that big a deal, I only need certification in one of the courses to qualify for Coach 2, but having both obviously is better in the long run. If nothing else I can take the SSI next season. It would be nice to get both, but I'm not going to worry about it to much. It's not like I'm going to stop skydiving, and I have the rest of my life to play in the sky.

2 comments:

J.C. said...

If I can help, I'll be around on those dates, let me know, I would hate to see you miss out on your insane, adrenaline junkie habit...I mean, your exciting hobby:)!!
Sifu Masterson

Sifu Beckett Sr. said...

Would love to help out while you are off jumping out of perfectly good airplanes, having fun doing something you can only mess up once.

Sifu T Beckett