Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Home is where?




Some say home is where you hang your hat, others where your heart is. I don't know. I've seen a good chunk of the world and there are several places I could easily call home. I keep getting the same two questions. You glad to be home? and You back for good now? The answer is... no clue. I feel no different from when I was living out of my swag. Fact is, I'm still unpacking and getting myself sorted.

I'm back for at least 6 months. I'm not making any promises. I don't know where home is, but I do know that there are some things that are going to keep me in the country for a while at least. Things are simpler and more complicated at the same time. I'm used to being the stranger in town, and being here is no different. Things have changed, things have stayed the same, and I find myself circling it like it's a strange cat.

It'll get sorted and she'll be right.

Lisa Freitag
Silent River Kung Fu, Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada

No comments: