Sunday, November 18, 2018

Week 38

Every week I find myself searching for something to write about.  If I think I have an idea, I try to note it down so I don't forget come blog time.  As the week evolves, emotions and perspectives flow and change, some of them become less important.  Well maybe not less important but less relevant in the moment.

This coupled with the sheer volume of blog expectations makes blogging one of the hardest requirements for me.  Include the massive demand my life has on time, and I find it very difficult to keep up with the requirements. 

And though I have posted something for every week, they have not always been in their week allotted.  Last week case in point was posted on a Tuesday, not the previous Friday.  I thought I was so cleaver making blog day on a Friday to give a buffer for completion.  Life has had other ideas.  So I guess the success of my completion of the blogging aspect is subjective. 

I have not completed all the assignments by their allotted times, but I have gotten something on line for every assigned week with in 48 hours of their due dates.  Is the success measured by the letter of the requirement, or by the spirit of it?  I'm not really asking, I know the answer.  I'm just talking to myself in an attempt to jog the grey matter into producing something of relevance and interest.  Doesn't seem to be working.

I guess a better question is at what point does the requirement stop being an assignment and become a life tool?  Where and how does that para dime shift happen?  Write about the journey.  Take consistent action.  Create habits that become lifestyle changes.   These are all steps for creating change.  But when does change happen?  Is it a sudden epiphany?  Is it a stealthy transference that happens gradually when you aren't paying attention to making it manifest?  Is it somewhere in between?  Is it consistent to all aspects?  Is it easier to change driving habits than it is to change study habits?  Is there a secret catalyst to accelerate change?  Once change happens, is it there forever?

The thing is there are so many variables to creating and maintaining change.  In my experience changes happen as uniquely as their situation and some changes need to be reinforced where as others are just there BLAM! no looking back.  Yet as diverse as they are, they all have one process in common.  Have a goal, take consistent action.  Including a success coach and reviews of the process are also great, but to me they are supporters of the core.  Know what you want, and work for it.  It's as simple and has hellishly hard as that.

No comments: