Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Week 45

Yes this is late, and yes it's because I forgot.  Sorry
So I'm trying to come up with a blog post and all I can think to write is that my brain is an over baked potato.

So year in review.  That was tasked to us to write about.  My year has been about asking Why 5 times.  The theory is in any situation if you ask why you do something 5 times and can't come up with 5 good unique answers, it's time for change.  I think that has been a strong guiding for me.

Why do I do it?  Why does it work? Why doesn't it work? Why would stop developing it's direction? Why wouldn't I pursue a new direction and see how that works?  Slightly a different take on the underlying principle, but has had a very good impact on my training with these 5 whys.

I fee that by adopting the Ask Why 5 Times, I've been able to get a deeper understanding of my system which in turn has made me a better and more articulate instructor as well as a better and more creative martial artist.  It has made me grow as a person.

So even though our ICH year is ending soon, I think this exercise of Asking Why 5 Times is something that qualifies as a life change.  Something to include as part of my sphere of normal.  Hey Why Not?

No comments: