Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sooo, what... Are you nuts or something?

Friends are very wonderful things. I rarely get asked the above question. However, one of my sky buddies asked me that New Years Day when I told him about Master McNeil's idea.

1000 pushups in one day. Gota tell you, my family raised some eyebrows, but they are used to me doing nutty things. I never expected it from my sky junky friends.

Why? Are you nuts? Theses are the questions I got. Followed by " there's no way in H@#$ you'ld get me to do that" So I answered him... Same reason we jump out of planes for fun. Because we can.

So I did my pushups and kept him posted because I wanted someone to share my misery. At 21:00 I sent the all done text. His response was simple.

WOW! Congrats!

It's all good, though I must admit that I'm feeling really sorry for myself that I missed out on the crunchies portion of the task and am now making them up today. but hey, we do it because we can.

1 comment:

Darnell McKinley said...

When I went to my DR's to find out what was an absolute no to what was negotiable to what was permissible physically for my black belt test, they "all" said "Why would you want to do that?" Some added; "Why do you feel the need to push the limits instead of just enjoying what you have."
My response: "How do I know what the limits are if I don't push them to find out what I am truly capable of."
One would think they would understand more than anyone considering how many years do they sit in school with their noses buried in books to become doctors. To me that would be torture and way more difficult. Each to their own I guess.

PS: They are still shaking their heads at me for the UBBT, but this time they are not trying to talk me out of it. One even said "I guess it's a matter of quality instead of quantity for you." He the smart one.
Happy New Year!
Darnell