Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another Step

I am very excited about my courses coming up in the next couple of months. I am registered into the JM (jump master) course happening in April, and am on the "list" for the SSI (skydive school instructor) course happening at some point this season (hopefully soon). My instructor certifications in these courses are very important to my UBBT goals. As one of my goals is to achieve Coach 2 certification with the NCCP by the end of season 09. To qualify for said goal, I have to have a C CoP license and either JM or SSI. I currently hold a B Cop license and my Coach 1 certification. It's all falling into place... I think.

The requirements for achieving licensing under the CoP's are not easy, and I in true lunacy style, have decided to achieve them in one season. A season that is only 6 months long. Factor in that the DZ is only open on weekends, I have a 6 day a week job, and my the family farm is in full field work mode during this time of year.... should be interesting. I've been told that setting reasonable goals is not my forte. Maybe one day I'll learn to listen.

So all that being said, I am looking forward to getting certified and checking one more thing off my list. The sense of accomplishment for personal/professional goals are very powerful and motivating. It's great to feed off one's own energy, but equally great to feed off the energy and enthusiasm of others sharing your journey.

No comments: