Sunday, May 31, 2009

Our World is as Small as WE Make it

I live in a very small world. That world is self induced. I am not fond of people as a rule. I have been betrayed, hurt, and attacked far to many times not to be suspicious of human motivations. There is "good" in my world, but only because I am very quick to judge, and expel the "bad". My world is rigid, and my loyalty is forever. Given reason to remove loyalty, well that's forever as well. My world is black and white.

I am reasonably happy in my world, and face things that threaten my world head on. Perception of a threat is enough to cause me to lock in. I refuse to be bullied. I've taken all of that type of treatment and more than anyone should, and I'm done with it. Lets just say there is a reason I don't play well with others.

All this being said, the world is also small for it's own merits. Master Dave Mac Neil was here for a few days. He taught some seminars that were very interesting, and he brightens a room with his genuine interest in people. He was talking about a man he met on the plane ride up here. His name is Doug Spotted Eagle.

Doug is a prominent wing suit instructor. He was up here preparing for a wing suit seminar he is teaching next month. As Doug and Master Mac Neil chatted, skydiving came up. Back in the day Master Mac Neil was a diver, which is pretty cool. More cool is that both men were headed to the same town to teach something they are passionate about, and ended up having more in common than one would expect of a random traveling companion. People from different states, traveling to a different country, and having similar experiences. Small world.

It makes me think about all the people I shut out. Some I am better off with out, but others could be ones I have a common ground with. Something to think about anyway.

And Doug says "HI Dave".

No comments: