Sunday, June 7, 2009

Kija

I was out doing some chores tonight at the farm, when I looked up and saw my dog just chillin' under a tree. She had ridden out into the field with me in the gator, hopped off when I stopped, and found a spot she liked to keep an eye on things.

She's a first class goober, but she's got life figured out. Full tummy, warm place to sleep, people to spoil her rotten, and all for the price of perked up ears and a slightly tilted head. When she figures she hasn't gotten your full attention and it is required, one paw comes up and gets gently placed on your leg. "I'm here, love me" is what everyone else assumes she's thinking. I know it's really "Make with the cookies, I'm lookin' extra cute."

I finished what I was doing, and started the gator back up. She got up, stretched, and sauntered over to climb in. One assumes you train your dog. The reality is they train you. Go figure

Lisa Freitag

2 comments:

linda shipalesky said...

Very funny, but also true. I have often looked at my own old putch and wondered the same thing

Danielle Edge said...

Aren't you glad I started calling people goobers lol... now it's a part of your vocabulary. Your welcome ;)