Thursday, August 13, 2009

All Hail Red Lobster

Once again I have nothing to say. My week has been off as I've bee a little under the weather. Tired, cranky, annoyed, and so on. Had a migraine yesterday, and have had an upset stomach today. yuck, but as with all things, time will resolve these issues.

Tomorrow is another day. I am looking very forward to hanging out with my sister. We don't get together nearly often enough, as she lives 3 hours away, but our visits are always fun. We have our little things we do together, like going out to eat at Red Lobster. I'm drooling already just thinking about it.

One would picture a pleasant dining experience of cultured adults (my sister, her husband, and I) filled with small talk and mannerly behavior..... one would be wrong.

Not that we're a bunch of neanderthals at a trough, but we are more interested in having fun together than we are in what others think. An example? Cutting down a washed up rock start for his lewd reality TV show, is not above our notice, comment, or opinion. It's not all claws mind you. There are plenty of other things we chat about, most of them extremely funny (at least to us).

Like the time my brother, sister, her husband, and I were sitting around at Xmas at the farm playing Black Jack for pretzels. The game was fun, the night wore on, and Kija started to bark. My sister asked what she was barking at, and in my usual tactful way, said that it was either deer or idiots across the street. She thought that was quite funny, and about 10 minutes later when my brother said "hit me" and I did (in the shoulder) she promptly spit pop all over mom's new kitchen table. Everything got covered, cards, players, pretzels... you name it, it got a pepsi shower.

So yes, I am looking very forward to a visit with her, and our customary eat till you wana hurl feast at Red Lobster. It only happens a couple of times a year, but it is so worth it. Good food, Great company, and memories to last. I just have to remember to wear sweat pants... makes the ride home more comfortable.

No comments: