Tuesday, August 4, 2009

oooooh, Shinny...


I love puke 'N' hose flooring.... let me tell you why...

I gave my baby a good scrubbing this weekend. The dust and mud was starting to make me mental. The road to my parental unit's place is under construction, and when you have mostly clay ground combined with frequent thunderstorms.... well the result is road snot. Slimy, sticky, and clinging to everything.

So Sunday I headed for the car wash, scrubbed myself stupid, and $13 later, had a sparkly outside on my truck. I then vacuumed the stuffing out of the cab's flooring & seats. Threw my seat covers in the washing machine before I left home, then decided to buy a new set just to get my truck a lil' present. After that I took the back way out to the farm, and got a pail of water, soap, and assorted scrubbing gear and viola.... new looking interior! Boo-yah!!

Then came out the wax, and I shined up every scrap of red paint I could reach. Mission accomplished and man does Sparky look good! I can't wait to take her to the DZ and show her off. It always feels good to do something really well, especially if it's hard work. At least I think so, but then, I'm a little strange. After all, I named my truck Sparky (it's scrappy and has an attitude so I think it fits). Meh, whatever.

1 comment:

Darnell McKinley said...

Ha... I just did that with my hardwood floors.... Dripping in sweat I stood up to admire my handy work and pat myself on the back, my neighbors dog who was visiting ran in from digging in my flower beds which I was watering...

AHHHHH!