Sunday, August 23, 2009

Less than Amused

We were supposed to be working cattle today, but a storm blew in and put the kybosh on that. While we were getting everything set up I thought I would throw a saddle on Shy-Rose and use her to help out. I haven't ridden her in quite some time, and the exercise wouldn't do her any harm. (pudgy lil stinker she is)

So I walked up to her and put on the bridal. She's about as hard to catch as a cold. You are in more danger of getting snuggled to death by her than anything else. I figured I'ld put the saddle on her when we got back to the yard. So I hopped on and off we went.

Or so I thought. About 3 steps in the rodeo started. Fighting and tossing her head the whole way. Luck for me she is too fat to do more than glorified crow hopping. Though I am happy that my skills are sharp enough to ride it out bare back. Falling would have been unpleasant.

So the plan is to get on her as much as possible in the next little while. She is less than amused with the whole situation, but she knows that I'm still in charge. Silly horsy.

No comments: