Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Living the Dream, Surviving the Nightmare

I'm back in Brizzy, and things are going okay. Planning my next move as it were. The Rock is very impressive, and the upshot of tramping the 9.5k Valley of the Winds trek is it's very lightly traveled. I didn't find it all that hard, granted there were a couple of spots that you were almost on all fours to make up the side, but it was still great. Something I would have done a second time, had I an extra day.

The 3ish hours (allowing for pics and video) of alone time was just what I needed, a reset I've been looking forward to. I was able to clear my head and do some good old physical work. Always makes you feel better to push a bit. My flat mate turned out to be really great and she and I have gotten on quite well. We are friends on facecrack and when I get to Europe she has invited me to stay at her house in Switzerland (should my travels allow). In turn she and her husband have an open invite from me should they ever get Canada bound.

Back here in Brizzy, I'm staying with a friend I met in Toogoolawah. Again she has an open invite to come out and I really hope she takes me up on it.

I'm going to be headed to Cairns, and to Sydney at some point. Again in the process of planning my next move. I'm helping my friend here move this weekend (she's headed to the sunshine coast, so there's surfing in my very near future).

It's not all just giggles, but life rarely is. I'm a little disappointed with the whole UBBT thing right now. Just had a meeting for our team 7 and I'm coming away from it on a less than positive note. It was tricky listening on the skype connection as it was cutting in and out (made it hard to follow) and it quit all together a couple of times. More so, it's the same old story. The blogging is a problem. Sorry guys, but I have not pity for you missing getting something up. I've blogged in airports, walked 30 minutes down an highway each way with semi's wizzing past to get something up. I could have shaved 5 mins off the highway walk if I went through the bush, but I've seen too many poisonous snakes in the lawns to tramp through the bush. I've spent a small fortune on internet access and still every week something hits that internet. Regardless of what country I'm in, or where I'm at in it.

Bottom line? Cram your excuses and just do it. You decided to take on this challenge of your own free will, so get off your butt and make something happen. We are supposed to be a team, and though I'm half a planet away, I'm still trying to lead by example. I'm not a perfect example and it's very hard pulling together when you are literally all alone, but nothing worth doing is easy. Make a choice, take consistent action, and quit making excuses... they don't mean anything to anyone else, do they really mean anything to you?

But I gota go.

Lisa Freitag, Silent River Kung Fu, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

No comments: