Thursday, April 8, 2010

Uluru

I just got back to Brisbane tonight. Tina and I had a great road trip. I didn't do everything I wanted to do, nor did Tina, but we got in all the main ones. We even got in a 10 point skydive this morning. It was a lot of fun. Had to pack fast and hit the road to make my flight back to Brisbane, but it was all good.

Tomorrow begins the journey I have been waiting for my whole life to make. Tomorrow I fly to Ayres Rock (Uluru). This is a place (thought up to now I have never set foot on) I have always felt a very deep spiritual connection to. So far, my experiences have been wonderful, but as with everything else in my life, has been muted by the dark places that haunt my mind. Perhaps the healing energy and peace of this sacred stone will help quiet my mind and allow me to ground and centre.

Since I was a child, I have studied Uluru. I have spoken to locals who strongly believe that everyone should experience sunrise and sunset on the Rock at least once in their lifetime. In their words "It's pure magic". Tomorrow begins my 4 day retreat into the heart of this country. My journey to the Rock.

I will try to sleep tonight, but somehow I think it will be an excercise in futility.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

No comments: