Monday, April 26, 2010

Sydney

This leg of the journey had started a little rough. My hostel was a disaster (lets not get me started) and I wasn't having a good time. Funny how life takes care of you, even when you aren't expecting it.

I was supposed to stay with a friend from back home while here in Syd, but I was arriving 2 days before her. So I booked a hostel for those two days and figured the rest was history. Turned out that she was going to be sharing a hotel with her work mates and I had to find my own place for the rest of the trip. No worries, Just figured I would extend my stay at the hostel. That lasted until I saw the place. Needless to say I was on the internet right quick and found a deal on a hotel.

HUGE UPGRADE! I was worried about the conditions but am so pleased with the change. I'm a short walk from the harbour, the botanical gardens and the Opera House. The room only has 2 single beds, but they are actually comfortable and my back doesn't hurt for the first time in days. I'm no longer in a dodgy area of town and I don't have flat mates waking me up in the middle of the night after they are finished clubbing. SAWHEEEEET!!!!!!!!

The adventure is just beginning here, and I am looking forward to it. Keep you posted.

Lisa Freitag
Silent River Kung Fu, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

No comments: