Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sunshine Coast

So I'm back on the Sunny Coast, and just chillin'. Spent most of the last 3 days on the beach, swimming, tanning, surfing... Lazy days in the sun. I could get very used to this, very quickly. Tomorrow I fly to Tasmania for some camping on the Fire Coast. I pick up my rental car and head for the beach. I might spend some time in land, but at least one sunset and sunrise over the Tasman Sea.

My friend that I met here Naomi and I have been spending a lot of time together since i've been back up north. We went for walks with her dogs on the beach and then for supper the last two nights. Tonight we are going to head in to town and get a movie. Don't know which one but I don't really care either. Just having a good time hanging with her.

She is coming to visit me in Canada in January. I kinda chuckled at that, but she wants to go to the Rockies skiing, and then to the Invasion in Eloy. We are both really excited about that happening. She's one of the few people that I have gotten attached to this quickly. We're pretty close and I'm going to miss her hard core when I leave. But I still have a couple of weeks here and we are going to make the most of it.

My surfing lesson went well this morning, and my instructor reminds me of one of my mates back home... if my mate were about 15 years older. I had to keep resisting the urge to call him Blair. I have been noticing that with a lot of my friends. Maybe I'm just thinking of them, but there are a lot of doubles over here. The pilot in Toogoolawah is a vertically challenged, good looking 23 year old blonde. The pilot back home is a vertically challenged, good looking 24 year old blonde, and they actually have similar facial structure as well. My friend Kim and I have seen probably 6 people that could be from back home. Some are dead ringers, right down to mannerisms and speaking patterns. It's cool, and a little creepy.

K well I'm out of things to write. I'll get something up when I get back from Tas, but right now the beach calls, and it would be rude to keep 'er waiting.

Lisa Freitag
Mooloolaba, Queensland, Australia

No comments: